Sunday, February 26, 2017

"DAY" 23 - January 8-9

This one's gonna be short and to-the-point, since most of this will be covered in the video. If you're following this either in real-time as it's updating, or reading through all of it right after it was posted, you've most likely watched my video (or original stream) where I complete the game. But first, a few things to point out.

The night of Jan 7th (or early morning of Jan 8th if you want to be anal about it), there was another Vinesauce Pokemon stream, so that means more Wonder Trades. Here's what I got:

- A Japanese Abra hatched in a Great Ball
- A Golbat with the OT "Alex" that is mostly unimpressive, but was caught at Level 48.
- Another Japanese Abra, this one hatched in a plain Poke Ball. Exciting.
- A Sandygast with the OT "Serena", hatched in a Heavy Ball
- Something I'll explain in a minute
- A Vulpix with the OT "Oxalis", hatched in a Love Ball.

Aside from the Apricorn Balls, most of those were fairly forgettable, but then we have the one I intentionally skipped over. The reason I skipped over it is because I'm not sure what to make of it. It's a Level 100 shiny Kommo-o. OT is "Moon.", with a period at the end. It's Lonely, was hatched in a plain Poke Ball, and appears to be EV trained to max out Speed and increase both Attack and Special Attack.

I'm inclined to think it was hacked, or at the very least, cloned from a legit one, since I doubt anyone would Wonder Trade it away if it was completely legit, even if they were hoping Vinny got it. It's probably a similar situation to his Level 100 shiny Tsareena named "Femdom", in that it apparently was given out by some streamer that either genned or cloned a bunch of them. Either way, I've got it now, and I'm not going to release it or anything, but I don't plan on using it for anything either.

Last time I mentioned I was up to Goodra in the Pokedex, in terms of filling it out. After writing that entry, I continued to work towards that goal, but did so without actually using any of my party members for bait-and-switch. So for the first time in the playthrough, I turned on the Exp Share and let the stronger Pokemon do the fighting, while going back to heal very frequently. Goomy took a very long time to evolve - I attempted to speed up the process by cancelling the Sliggoo evolution (since a Pokemon gains extra experience if it's beyond its evolutionary level). I'm not actually sure how much that helped though, since even relying on Muddy Water's power boost in the rain of Route 17 didn't put much power behind its attacks, so it took quite a while to hit Level 50.

The other late evolutions included all the fossil Pokemon, Palossand, Krookodile, Vanilluxe, Flygon, and Garchomp. I think I ended up evolving them in roughly that order. I know Flygon and Garchomp were the last two, at any rate. And the reason I distinctly remember this is because they were the only Pokemon in my team when I ran into a shiny Gumshoos on Route 16! Luckily it didn't put up much of a fight when I threw Premier Balls at it (I didn't even risk attacking in case of a critical), and with that, I have my first non-traded shiny of Gen 7. Can't say I'm happy with what Pokemon it ended up being, but I'll take it over nothing.

And that's about it before the video, so I'll just link to that and... yeah. I'm not going to summarize it.



Not much else to say, really. It's been a long trip, and there's still a lot more to do.

Current status:

No comments:

Post a Comment